The starting salary is £31,262 per annum based on a 36-hour week. Your OTE could be up to £35,000 - £36,000 when accounting for additional payments applicable for occasional weekend and bank holiday working and sleep in duties.
Our offer for you:
- 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service - with the option to buy up to an additional 10 days
- The option to enter into a generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- A well supported sick leave and absence offer
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Relocation bonus
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits
We have opportunities to join our homes located across Surrey.
Due to our legal obligations, we can only accept applications from people 22 years old and above.
You will need to the willingness and ability to travel to meet the demands of the role.
Our Senior Residential Workers turn our Residential Houses into Homes.
We want our homes to be exceptional for the children we are entrusted to care for. It's what we strive to provide and what our children deserve.
We want our homes to be nurturing, fun and inspirational places where our young people feel safe to be themselves and can rely on us to guide, care, and support them to grow and thrive whatever their challenges.
Building effective relationships, co-ordinating activities and holidays, creating meaningful care plans, working together with partner organisations, writing reports and ensuring records are kept clear and up to date are some of the ways our Senior Residential Workers support our children.
Like all supportive, caring, and compassionate home environments; no two days are the same, they throw up complex and challenging situations and are on 24/7 - 365 days of the year. So, let's be honest, if you are looking for a 9-5 job which is straight forward and predictable, you might want to sit this one out.
There will be swearing, shouting, and the occasional tear. But there will also be happiness, laughter, and smiles. There will be reward for hard work, determination and resilience, knowing that you make a difference.
Along with a dedicated and committed team we will provide you with opportunities for ongoing learning and development through a culture of high support that enables you to grow your career within our Residential service at Surrey.
So, if you think you have what it takes, can match our energy to be exceptional, and are ready to expand your experience with us at Surrey we (and our children) really want to hear from you. To apply you will need to upload your CV and answer the following questions:
- Looking at our advert please tell us what it is about the role that has motivated you to apply?
- Please tell us about the relevant experience or transferable skills you have in relation to this role?
- What three qualities do you have that would make you a good Support Worker and why will these be important?
- Please tell us how you would you handle a situation where challenging behaviour was present? Please offer a relevant example if you can.
To be considered for our Senior Residential Worker role you will need to hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent and have some experience of direct work with children or vulnerable groups.
If you don't currently hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare then please consider applying as a Residential Support Worker first and we can support you with the rest!
If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to a short first round virtual interview to explore your answers to the above questions (lasting approx. 10-15 min), and if successful following this, invited to meet us at one of our homes for an interview. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so feel free to submit an application as soon as you wish, and we will come back to you as quickly as possible.
This advert closes at 23:59 on 29th November 2023.
If your application is successfully shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.