Join the Team at the Harlequin Theatre and Cinema!
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council wishes to recruit an enthusiastic technician to join our multi-skilled Technical Department based at The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema.
The successful candidate will need:
• Previous technical experience, preferably gained in an arts environment, which may include all or a combination of stage, cinema and corporate functions
• Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to, stage management, lighting design & operation, sound design and operation, cinema projection.
• Knowledge of best Health & Safety practice, including but not exclusive to: First Aid, Manual Handling, Electrical Safety and Working at Height
• A flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position.
• A desire to learn and a proactive approach to work.
- To be able to work on some tasks un-aided and think outside of the box.
You’ll be deploying your skills across a range of tasks that include:
• Working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production, ensuring a professional standard of show and high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
• Assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events
• Attending meetings - both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required by the Technical Manager
• Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations.
• Assisting with Emergency evacuations
For an informal discussion about our Technician requirements, please call James 'Jarvis' Phillipson, Technical Manager on: 01737 276823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.