This role has a starting salary of £20,733 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
This role is a 24 month Fixed Term apprenticeship opportunity.
We are very excited to be recruiting a HR Support Level 3 Apprentice for our fantastic People Consultancy team here at Surrey County Council.
Welcome to the heart of the HR team! We're the ones who make things happen, collaborating with managers and stakeholders to build their confidence and expertise. We're like the HR superheroes, here to support, guide, and make sure everyone is on the right track.
We are here to provide expert support to all our fantastic services across the board. Our work is wide reaching and changes day to day, one day we could be helping managers through disputes with employees the next day we could be assisting teams navigate the difficulties and possible benefits of change processes.
This role is open to agile working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. Fundamentally this is about working practice and goes beyond the location in which we work - having the freedom and flexibility to work when and where as needed.
What you will be doing
We want this apprenticeship to be an opportunity for you to gain experience across a wide range of duties putting you in the best position to succeed in your apprenticeship qualification and take the first steps on your exciting career journey! In this role, you will;
- Monitor our team mailbox, answering the various queries that come through to us from people who work within Surrey and our partners outside it.
- Be responsible for keeping the information for our manager up to date and accurate in our brand-new People Consultancy Hub (the go to place for HR advice).
- Download and create reports that we, as a team, will use to help us in decision making and keeping all employees up to date with changes in the council.
- Work with our colleagues across People and Change on a range of projects that require our expert advice.
- Provide general administrative support across the team where needed, exposing you to all the work we do.
We won't be expecting you to jump in and be able to do this all from day one. You'll first go through an induction period allowing you to get used to the office and the team. As you gain more confidence in your role, you'll be supported to do more and more!
The learning side of your apprenticeship will be delivered by Surrey Adult Learning with face-to-face workshops taking place once a month. As you progress through your course, you'll have one-to-ones with training assessors between once a week and once a month depending on your needs. On average, you'll spend 4 days a week working and learning on the job and 1 day a week studying and completing work towards your qualification (which will be the equivalent of 2 A-Levels).
As your qualification comes to an end and you begin to turn your eye to the future, we have a fantastic support programme in place that will put you in the best position to take the next step on your exciting career journey. Our desire is for all our apprenticeships to be the first step on a long and successful career journey within SCC.
Applying is a piece of cake! All we're asking for is the answers to a few questions about yourself and the role you're applying for. We want to see if you're a good match for this adventure. Here are the questions:
1. What excites you about applying for this apprenticeship?
2. Tell us about a time when you took the initiative to learn something new inside or outside of education. It could be a hobby, skill, or subject that interested you. How did you go about learning it? Did you face any challenges?
3. Describe a team project or group activity you were involved in. What was your role in the team? How did you contribute to the team's overall success? Did you face any challenges?
4. Our work involves engaging with a diverse workforce to understand the issues they face. Based on your own experience and knowledge, what do you think are 3 things we need to consider when planning and delivering this communication to make sure it is clear, informative and engaging?
The closing date for applications is 24 November 2023.
Interviews scheduled for the week commencing Monday 4 December 2023.
This is a 24 month fixed term contract.
Please note: This apprenticeship is only available for those who will not be enrolled in another government funded programme as of 1st September 2023 and do not possess a qualification at a higher or the same level as this one in the same subject. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please contact .
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.