An opportunity has arisen within The Property Services Team for a Compliance Gas & Electrical Safety Officer.
We need an enthusiastic, driven individual to manage the technical administration and performance monitoring of the key Gas and Electrical servicing contracts, to include support of the cyclical gas and electrical maintenance service in line with current regulations and council policy.
The post holder will need to ensure that robust, accurate and well-maintained systems, processes and records are in place, that they plan & control the delivery of periodic testing, servicing, maintenance and upgrade programmes of work for all aspects of Gas and Electrical compliance.
- To implement non access processes and see through to completion, coordinating with other relevant Officers and departments
- The post holder will liaise with the contractor to ensure access and arrange for the service of a Notice of Seeking Possession where the Council will be in breach of regulations if gas safety checks are not carried out.
- Act as first point of contact for gas and electrical compliance related incidents, completing initial risk assessments of circumstances taking into consideration the severity of potential risk and harm, making decisions and actions to mitigate risk and liability to the Council.
- Oversee the completion of a program of audits to give the Council assurance that works ordered and completed meet expected standards in terms of both quality and provide value for money.
- Assist Compliance Manager with procurement required in line with the Council’s Contract Procurement Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Produce regular management information reports and KPI data to inform on performance and identify areas for service improvement.
- Work with Legal and Housing Management to utilise available powers to gain entry to difficult to access homes to complete essential inspection and/or works. This may involve making applications to and attendance at County or Magistrates Courts to give evidence.
There are many benefits to working at Waverley Borough Council. In particular we are very supportive of flexible and agile working, we provide flexi-time, we have generous leave entitlements, including an additional three days off when the office is closed between Christmas and New Year. We also have a range of learning and development services to support your career goals.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Matt Alexander, Housing Operations Manager at Matt.Alexander@waverley.gov.uk
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Monday 12th June 2023. Please note we do not accept applications after the closing date and time given on the advert.
Interview date: Week Commencing 19th June 2023.