School Kitchen Manager (Term Time)
This role is based at Woodlands School, Leatherhead. Though you will only work during term time, you will be paid a salary every month including the school holidays.
What makes a great School Kitchen Manager? In true cooking style, the following 'recipe' outlines the values, skills and experience that will allow you to thrive in this role.
25 hours per week, 38.4weeks per year for £12,466.70 per annum (equivalent to £11.24 per hour).
- A passion and skill for cooking
- A dash of IT and administrative skills
- A pinch of excellent communication skills (including teamwork, leadership, and customer service)
- A generous spoonful of experience supervising staff and managing a kitchen
- A large cup of experience using catering equipment and the ability to train others
- A splash of ability to deliver high levels of meals in a food production environment
- A handful of excellent time keeping and flexibility around locations.
Note: Though recipes are important, the best dishes are often those with some individuality. We'd also love to hear about any other relevant skills, interests, or knowledge that you could bring to the table. Perhaps you have detailed knowledge about allergies, or a particular interest in nutrition.
- Health and Safety Certificate Level 1, and proven understanding of health and safety in a kitchen environment
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- NVQ Level 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent.
Note: If you don't hold these qualifications but have a significant amount of experience catering for large groups of people in a management role, please don't hesitate in applying!
Using the above ingredients and equipment, as well as your creativity and enthusiasm, you will inspire a team to produce an outstanding menu using fresh ingredients. In addition to using your flair and passion to create great dishes, you will record meal transactions, control and administer stock, order food and sundry supplies, and take responsibility for the day to day running of a smooth kitchen. Your goal? To provide school children with tasty, nutritious meals that help them develop healthy bodies and minds.
Customer service is at the front and centre of the Twelve15 Vision & Mission. You will be a fantastic communicator with an ability to work with our school clients and our customers to promote the benefits of the service we offer.
If you feel this recipe is for you, take a look at some of the benefits you'll receive!
- Generous local government salary related pension
- Discounts on various services including food shopping
- Health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full induction
- Training and development opportunities, including a Level 3 Food Hygiene Qualification.
If this recipe sounds like something you would like to make your career, please apply using the button below!
We also understand that, as is the case with any recipe, you might be unsure as to whether the result will suit your tastes. Left with some questions or want to discuss the role of School Kitchen Manager further? Please get in touch by with us!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/05/2023 with interviews to follow.
An Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity and the Children's Barred List check will be required for this role. This will be paid for by Twelve15. You need to be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.