Newly Qualified Children's Social Worker
Calling all Newly Qualified Social Workers - come and join Surrey Children's Services for your Assessed & Supported Year in Employment in September 2023!
The starting salary for this role is currently £33,796* per annum based on a 36 hour working week (*subject to pay review & may increase by September 2023).
These roles will be based in one of our four quadrants, either: Guildford (South West), Reigate (South East), Walton-upon-Thames (North East) or Woking (North West) and work across a variety of different social work teams.
The Surrey Children's Services Academy has created bespoke learning programmes for Newly Qualified Social Workers undertaking their ASYE, which ensures that everyone is well supported and supervised by experienced social work staff and Managers.
As a Newly Qualified Social Worker, you will receive a development programme over the year that builds your knowledge base and embeds regular reflective supervision - provided by both your Team Manager and ASYE Assessor. Your ASYE Assessor will be an Advanced Social Worker in the quadrant in which you are placed. They will manage and assess your progress and guide you in the areas of practice and development identified for you.
NQSWs who undertake the ASYE programme at SCC will have access to and benefit from:
- Two weeks ASYE Induction programme
- Allocated Advanced Social Worker who will be the ASYE Assessor (separate to Team Manager)
- Monthly ASYE Learning Events focused on the Post Qualifying Standards in Social Work (KSS/PCF)
- Action Learning Sets
- Monthly 1:1 and group reflective supervision in between reviews with the ASYE Assessor
- Workshops run by Best Practice Leads to focus on specific tasks and best practice examples
- Two days a month Protected Development Time. One to attend the learning event and another to complete portfolio evidence and independent study.
- A protected workload that reflects your newly qualified status and builds in volume and complexity over the year.
- Access to Community Care inform (CCinform), Research in Practice (RIP) and Care Knowledge online research platforms.
- Access to SCC's workforce training programme & Surrey Safeguarding Childrens' Partnership training programme.
- Joining the ASYE Consolidation year programme at the end of your NQSW
Your induction at Surrey will be multiagency, emphasising the importance of working closely and collaboratively with partner agencies and drawing on expertise and experience to support your professional development.
To be considered for shortlisting for this role, your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- A Social Work qualification such as a Degree, Masters or Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work
- Registered with Social Work England (or pending registration)
- Experience of working with children, young people and their families, e.g. voluntary work / transferable work experience skills / social work placements etc
- Hold a valid UK driver's license and have access to a vehicle
- You should have qualified within two years of the NQSW cohort commencing at the end of September 2023. If you qualified earlier than October 2021 your application will not be considered
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 9th April 2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 17th April 2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit. If your application is shortlisted we will be able to discuss our locations and teams in greater detail with you at interview but if you have any immediate questions we'd be happy to try and answer these for you and encourage you to contact us!
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.