The starting salary for this position is £14,645.50 based on an 18 hours per week, pro-rata to £29,291.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused, strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
We currently have a part-time Senior Social Care Assistant position with our friendly Runnymede Locality team based in Addlestone.
We can offer you:
- 26 days annual leave with the option to buy additional leave
- Flexible / agile working to help with balancing work and home
- Training and Development including a structured induction programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with a focus on wellbeing)
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
As part of our greener future strategies and our commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance, we welcome a conversation with you regarding our remote working options. Remote working to us is a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working remotely from home or wherever works best.
In your application, we would love to hear about your:
- Substantial experience of working directly with people with social care needs, including completing strength-based assessments and visiting them in their own homes or care settings
- Confidence and competence in working with people with a variety of physical and cognitive impairments
- Competence in basic IT skills with a willingness to learn how to use a variety of different software systems
Applicants must hold a valid Driving Licence to drive in the UK and have access to a car.
You will have frequent direct contact with the public on the phone as well as visiting them in their own home or care setting. Your role will involve a variety of tasks including assessing people's needs and carrying out regular reviews. You will work in partnership with individuals, their carers, professional staff in Surrey County Council and other agencies and service providers in order to support vulnerable adults and their families to identify and arrange services that meet their needs and promote independence, choice and control.
You will have a caseload, working with individuals who need additional support or guidance in order to identify their needs and carrying out risk assessments. You will be involved in supporting safeguarding investigations and attending safeguarding meetings with the support of qualified practitioners.
You may work with any combination, or all, of the following care groups: older people; people with physical, sensory, cognitive impairments and people with mental health problems.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 5th February 2023.
Interviews will take place on 22nd February 2023.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Radoslav Bashev on 01932 794800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.