The salary for this position is £46,634 - £52,625 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
Would you like to be part of helping to shape Surrey’s residential homes and our vision to enable more children to live locally?
If so, we have an opportunity for a Registered Manager to join our team at one of Surrey’s children’s residential homes to help lead and shape services which place the physical and mental wellbeing and safety of our children and young people at the very centre of what we do. The home provides vital services for some of our most vulnerable children and young people, therefore it is critical that we secure strong, consistent and resilient leadership for those accessing the homes and for staff.
This home will support children with high and complex needs. Many of our children will have had numerous placement breakdowns and be vulnerable to child sexual exploitation, criminalisation and issues with mental health.
About the Role
As a Registered Manager you will be responsible for safely managing and improving service provision. You’ll ensure that your home is compliant and Ofsted ready, delivering against statutory responsibilities and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and guidance. But there is so much more to the role of a Registered Manager than this! You will create the right conditions for a welcoming environment in which children, young people and staff can feel safe and thrive. Your home will be a place where care and quality practice can be relied upon and where we adopt the following working principles:
- Would this be good enough for my child?
- What kind of adult do we want the young person to be?
- Are we managing risk for the child and the organisation?
- Is there a shared approach to parenting?
Our residential homes are focused on some big challenges but also real opportunities to make a personal impact as we strive to:
- Enable children and young people to live and stay safe locally
- Ensure children’s voices and views are heard and considered
- Increase the independence of children and young people
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate strong leadership abilities, alongside professional knowledge and practical experience of Social Care, Health and Education guidance and legislation within a residential setting including regulation, governance, and Ofsted.
You will recognise and understand the strength of multidisciplinary team working and will have the ability to build purposeful relationships with both staff and residents to ensure we listen to and meet their needs safely and in the best way possible.
Some of the key skills, experience, and attributes we are looking for includes:
- Excellent communication, IT, and organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously, using your own initiative
- Supportive, approachable, and open-minded attitude
- Ability to engage, develop and consult with a range of partners and agencies and maintain positive purposeful relationships
- Confidence and patience
- Good/Extensive knowledge of Children’s homes regulations including quality standards and having contributed to Ofsted inspections
- Experience of managing a residential team or working as a Registered Manager who works with children and with children with disabilities
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for residential childcare
We believe that Surrey County Council is a place where you can make a personal impact on the lives of children and young people. By contributing to the creation of a positive and welcoming culture across our residential homes you will inspire and nurture your teams to provide quality care that improves outcomes. In turn we’ll support you to be the best version of yourself, with expert guidance from well-established senior managers and access to a range of learning opportunities to enhance your own development across relevant areas of interest and practice.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 12th February 2023 with interviews to follow.
For an informal discussion please contact Jo Rabbitte by e-mail at Joanne.Rabbitte@surreycc.gov.uk
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.