The starting salary for this role is £12,189.41 per annum working 25 hours per week, 38.4 weeks per year. Though this role is term time only, you will be paid a salary every month including the school holidays.
We want to live in a world where our planet is cared for and the people living on it have healthy bodies and minds.
The Twelve15 team are our greatest asset, and we truly value the important role they play in feeding children and young people in education settings.
Work pattern and Location
This Chef Manager position is predominantly Monday to Friday over the lunchtime period, although we are open to having conversations around job share. This role is based at St Marys School in Chiddingfold
Being a part of Surrey County Council, you will have access to:
- generous local government salary related pension
- discounts on various services including food shopping
- Health and wellbeing assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits
Being a part of Twelve15, you will benefit from:
- Full Training and induction
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Qualification
- Professional development in the form of building management skills
- Opportunities for internal progressions
About the Team
Twelve15 colleagues are team players who work collaboratively, putting their passion and dedication into preparing and serving exciting, innovative, and tasty food to help and encourage children to develop an interest to taste and enjoy freshly cooked and healthy food.
We work to ensure the highest standards are maintained and delivered within the Twelve15 catering service, including food safety and H&S policies. Team members require the ability to communicate effectively with clients and managers to ensure the highest standards of service delivery are consistently met. You will ensure stock control of food is thoroughly maintained and will be skilled at working in a busy and demanding environment.
About the role
This is a creative/craft based/practical role, inspiring a team to produce an outstanding menu using fresh ingredients. Therefore, strong craft and kitchen management/supervision skills are necessary. In addition to using your flair and passion to create great dishes, you will also use your talent to record meal transactions, control and administer stock, order food and sundry supplies, and take responsibility for the day to day running of a smooth kitchen.
Customer service is at the front and centre of the Twelve15 Vision & Mission. You will be a fantastic communicator with an ability to work with our school clients and our customers to promote the benefits of the service and maximise participation.
Twelve15 are looking for:
- First and foremost, a passion and skill for cooking
- Health and Safety Certificate Level 1, and proven understanding of health and safety in a kitchen environment
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- NVQ Level 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Proven experience of using catering equipment and the ability to train others
- Line management and supervisory skills, with a proven ability to lead a team of staff in a time critical and complex environment in the production of food
- Proven track record of delivery high level of meals in a food production environment to a set menu within given time restraints
- Ability and willingness to undertake supervisory approvals and staff management functions, both in person and via computerised systems in relation to the management of a team
- Excellent communication: teamwork, leadership, and customer service
- IT and administrative skills
- Full Driving Licence required and access to vehicle with appropriate insurance (if mobile/bank)
- Flexibility: you will have a main base but occasionally we will need you to help at other local schools
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 05/02/2023 with interviews to follow.
An Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity and the Children's Barred List check will be required for this role. This will be paid for by Twelve15. You need to be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
For an informal discussion please contact Lisa Botting by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.