The starting salary for this role is £32,173 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
There is an expectation that at a minimum the successful candidate would be in the office once a week but depending on meetings and during incidents this would increase.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an Emergency Management Officer to work as part of the Emergency Management Team to ensure the wellbeing of residents and communities during an emergency, as well as to protect the economic prosperity of the county during periods of disruption. To do this we are responsible for:
- Working with partners in the Surrey Local Resilience Forum to ensure a coordinated response to emergencies
- Ensuring the resilience of council services by maintaining a robust Business Continuity Management System to protect critical services to residents
- Working with organisers of major events to ensure that safety requirements and the needs of residents are addressed as part of the event planning.
On occasions, the Emergency Management Team must respond immediately during and outside of working hours to the demands of a crisis. During an emergency, the Emergency Management Officer will advise and support senior officers in the County and District Councils on their response to a disaster.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have direct experience of working with emergency services and local authorities. As well as this, you will need to be able to work with the minimum amount of supervision as part of the Emergency Management Team, providing an emergency planning service to all stakeholders in Surrey so that Surrey responds to a major emergency effectively.
You will have a good understanding of the aims and objectives of emergency planning, business continuity, and the Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Principles. In addition, you will be expected to provide advice and support to designated stakeholders in all aspects of integrated emergency management, working collaboratively to improve and report on their levels of preparedness.
To be considered for interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Direct experience of working with emergency services and local authorities
- An ability to provide advice and support to designated stakeholders in all aspects of integrated emergency management, working collaboratively to improve and report on their levels of preparedness
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, providing an emergency planning service to all stakeholders
- A good understanding of the aims and objectives of emergency planning, business continuity and the Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Principles
- You will require a degree or the relevant experience in the Emergency Management and Resilience field.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 11/02/2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 20/02/2023.
For an informal discussion please contact Helen Doherty on 07971 792223 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.