What makes Elmbridge different?
The planning and environmental health teams at Elmbridge are supported by a service wide Business Support Team. This team is made up of talented, passionate people, determined to do their best work for Elmbridge. The team cover a varied workload including Land Charges.
We are looking to recruit a Land Charges technical officer who can support the current Senior Land Charges officer in the day-to-day processing of applications coming into the Council. Experience in this work would be desirable, however, not essential as we provide a full training programme.
You will need to be enthusiastic, proactive and have good attention to detail. As you would expect, excellent communication skills are important, as well as the ability to remain calm with customers who may be angry or upset. Your ability to understand and clearly explain complex rules will be important.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Learning and development
- We will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan for you.
- You will meet people in the team who have completed Masters, been promoted within the team and have taken on other professional qualifications.
- We know hybrid working is here to stay and we will discuss the right mix of home and office for you.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you
- The package:
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Maria our Senior Land Charges Officer a call on 01372 474195.
What are you waiting for?
Closing date: 13 February 2023 at 9am
Interview date: 28 February 2023
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.