Family Support Worker
Would you like to work somewhere dedicated to supporting families? Somewhere committed to your professional development?
Guildford Family Centre is looking for a Family Support Worker to join our team as soon as possible.
The post is full time for 52 weeks a year and permanent although there is some flexibility for job sharing.
Guildford Family Centre is a large family centre working across the whole Guildford Borough providing support to families with children 0-11 years old. You will work from two identified centres but also at a range of homes, school, early years and community settings.
Family centres support families to find solutions to the parenting and relationship challenges they face and to grow in confidence to manage future difficulties. The aim of a family centre is to help families build their own resilience and support network.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Level 3 qualified in education, health and/or social care
- Positive, flexible, responsible and with a passion for working with families
- Keen to make a real impact within and beyond their own team
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work in partnership with parents and carers to reduce inequalities in children’s outcomes
- Highly motivated and able to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills through a thorough supervision programme.
- A positive, friendly and supportive team of staff and governors
- Great resources and facilities in and outside
- Excellent professional development opportunities in our new family centre
- The chance to work with families and children who are fantastic to be with.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
Guildford Nursery School and Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Visits to the centre are welcomed for all serious candidates. To make an appointment please call Charlotte Bate, Family Centre Manager on 07305 057372.
Please return completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting salary: £29,291 FTE
Salary scale: £29,291- £31,810
Closing date: Midday, 7th February 2023
Shortlisting will take place on 9th February 2023
Assessments will take place 22nd February 2023
Interviews will be held 3rd March 2023