Our Social Worker role has a starting salary between £36,282 - £40,146 per annum based on 36 hours working week.
Our Senior Social Worker role has a starting salary between £41,127 to £45,519 per annum based on 36 hours working week.
"I’d say no day is the same. It is rewarding and it’s great being out with the public and helping. It makes getting out of bed worthwhile.” - Mandi Porter, Senior Social Care Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for both a Social Worker and a Senior Social Worker to join our fantastic Learning Disability and Autism service and help us make a real difference to the local community, ensuring no one is left behind.
How we support you to have a great work-life balance
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service with the option to buy up to 10 additional days pro rata
- We promote an agile approach to work, a balance of spending time in our communities, our offices and working remotely from home or wherever works best.
- Extensive Training and Development continuously throughout your service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A competitive local government pension scheme
- A car lease scheme and many more discounted lifestyle benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
If you are going for the Social Worker role, we just need to know that you have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England.
If you are going for the Senior Social Worker role, we would like to hear about your substantial post-qualification professional experience as a Social Worker and your experience of providing professional supervision.
In addition to the above, we would also love to hear about;
- Your understanding and experience of working in a strengths-based approach.
- Your knowledge and experience of current legislation such as The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act.
- Your experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries and examples of you using your professional judgement in complex situations.
About the Role
We have vacancies in our East Surrey Team (based in Leatherhead), West Surrey Team (based in Guildford) and our Specialist Countywide Team (based in Woking). All of our teams offer a fantastic working environment where training and development is prioritised.
As a Social Worker or Senior Social Worker in Surrey you will work across various unique projects that ensure our valued service users have the opportunity to enjoy a home of their own, an environment in which they are supported to live a health & meaningful lifestyle.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion about our roles based in
- Guildford please e-mail James Ward at James.Ward@surreycc.gov.u
- Leatherhead please e-mail Meera Padhiar at Meera.Padhiar@surreycc.gov.uk
- Woking please email Paul Cooper at Paul.Cooper@surreycc.gov.uk
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.