About the role
The Facilities Apprentice role will be to support the Facilities Management Team to ensure that facilities across the whole portfolio are managed to a high standard. The Facilities Apprentice will learn and develop the necessary skills to:
- Assist the team on daily basis to deliver facilities management services to a high standard.
- Work with the Team to ensure compliance across the estate updating data bases and system
- Support with the processing of contractor invoices, ensuring correct coding working with the Contracts Team
- Work with the team to ensure that health and safety duties including risk assessments contractor monitoring and other statutory and non-statutory site requirements
- Assist with environmental and sustainable targets are met
- Assist with IMS / databases to ensure records are up to date
Education & Training
- GCSE Maths and English
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to multi-taskyou will be
- A “can do” attitude, using your own initiative to progress a task
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
You will be working in the Facilities Management team helping to deliver high quality facilities management across the Council’s asset base (including civic buildings, extensive property portfolio and new council developments) to meet the demands of its numerous stakeholders and to ensure the estate is fit for purpose and compliant.
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Glyn Holdstock, Facilities and Contracts Manager on 07770 827506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 3rd February 2023
Interview Date(s): 9th February 2023
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.