The starting salary is £29,291 per annum based on a 36 hour week, BUT YOU CAN EARN UP TO £36,500 per annum based on the average shift pattern as you will receive an ADDITIONAL 50% of pay for all waking night shifts worked between the hours of 8pm - 8am, as well as any hours worked on weekends and bank holidays.
Are you ready to start an exciting and rewarding career caring for children in one of our children's homes that looks after children and young people with learning and moderate physical disabilities?
Do you hold a Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) level 3 diploma or direct equivalent? We are looking for staff who have the enthusiasm and creativity to enhance and improve children’s lived experiences.
What We Can Offer You!
We offer many great benefits for staff depending on what is important to you! A selection of these include:
- Professional support and clear career progression
- A generous local government pension scheme
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing tools
- Lifestyle benefits
- Travel and Transport benefits
We are committed to on-going professional development and offer a wide range of training courses that support you to learn and develop skills throughout your employment, to build on the knowledge and experience you already have.
After a recent expansion, we have a number of Senior Residential Worker roles available for energetic and enthusiastic people that have a passion for caring with children and young people with learning and moderate physical disabilities in our children's home in Woking.
About the Role
Working directly with children and young people you will provide good quality day to day care and support. You will ensure the smooth running of the home and that Children's Homes Quality Standards are met. You will be creative, playful and able to build meaningful relationships with our children and young people and will have empathy, resilience and a good sense of humour!
You will understand the complex issues faced by children in care but most important is you are enthusiastic, reliable and flexible in your approach to work, as hours worked are on a rota basis. You will need to be prepared to work some evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in duties. For this commitment we will reward you with an additional, generous unsocial hours payment.
As a Senior Residential Worker you will:
- Interact and build relationships with children and care for them so they can grow and thrive
- Co-ordinate, promote and engage in activities and holidays
- Lead in a particular area of responsibility
- Use your knowledge of the children to create meaningful care plans
- Work in partnership with other professionals and agencies
- Write reports and keep detailed records
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- A proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with children, their families and professionals
- Great communication with good verbal, IT and written skills
- Knowledge of the issues that affect children, including trauma, attachment, and contextual safeguarding and an ability and preparedness to recognise and deal appropriately with conflict
- Demonstrable competence in contributing to effective assessment, risk management and strengths-based care planning
- Resilience with a positive and adaptable approach to work
- Commitment to the working pattern of the role, which includes weekends and unsocial hours
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent
- You will need to be at least 22 years of age to meet our legal obligations and you will need to hold a current driving licence
If you feel you have the passion, enthusiasm and transferable skills to enhance the lives of our children and young people, if you already hold a level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent and want to join us on our exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to the safe recruitment of staff in our Residential homes across Surrey therefore if you are successful in being offered a role within our service, we will work with you to collect all required checks in line with government guidance. You can find out more about what information you will be asked to provide HERE