We are facing increasing numbers who are presenting as homeless and in temporary accommodation. We need an officer who can find and arrange placements in mainly nightly paid accommodation for households, explaining to them their conditions of stay, dealing with queries around temporary accommodation generally and ensuring income is maximised for the Council.
- You will be working in the Private Rented Sector and Temporary Accommodation team providing support to those who are homeless, in temporary accommodation and who seek to find longer term housing solutions.
- You will have regular contact with applicants over the telephone who are in temporary accommodation carrying out visits and will have contact the managers and staff who provide this accommodation for our clients.
- You will carry out all administrative tasks associated with a placement setting up and closing accounts and take action to see that income is collected and debt recovery is taken where necessary.
- You will address any queries regarding the condition of temporary accommodation occupied or any problems experienced within it .
- You will help with nominations for other forms of accommodation as necessary and support the team to fulfil its legal duties to homeless households
- You will have experience of working in a frontline team dealing with the public face to face or by telephone.
- You will be able to communicate clearly, firmly and respectfully with clients and adapt different styles for applicants as appropriate and to check understanding.
- You will need to understand our duties to homeless households and prevention and relief duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- You will need to enjoy working in a team which is very busy and be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sherone Lee on 01372 474629
Closing date 6th February 2023 at 9am
Interviews wil be held week commencing 13th February 2023
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.