This is a great opportunity to join the dedicated and friendly community centre team in the role of Casual Driver. The role involves driving a minibus to bring passengers to and from the Banstead Community Centre. They will have a flexible approach and be a strong team player.
Requirements of role:
• Must hold a full D1 driving licence.
• To obtain driving schedules and duty lists from the centre office and to keep records as required.
• To transport older people from their homes to the centre (and return) and to other destinations listed on the schedules prepared, driving in a safe and attentive manner and using the most appropriate routes (NB: escorts are not normally provided on our transport as our users are independently mobile and self-managing in terms of personal care).
• To follow all MIDAS procedures with regard to customer care and safety, taking into account any special needs which passengers may have.
• To report to the Centre Manager any incidents or concerns relating to passengers.
• To carry out any necessary weekly or daily vehicle checks as outlined in the schedules, reporting any defects according to relevant procedures.
• To report immediately any incident affecting physical, mental or legal capacity to drive to the Centre Manager or Community Centres Team Leader or other senior manager.
• You will be highly motivated and capable.
• Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
• Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Lisa White, Community Centre Team Leader on 07385 949 886.
Or email: Lisa.White@reigate-banstead.gov.uk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.