Are you someone who likes to support the community and would like to work with a team of energetic, dedicated staff and volunteers, who deliver a range of other activities, and services within our local communities? Then read on!
This is a great opportunity to join the dedicated and friendly community centre team as a Casual Cook.
The Casual Cook will work in one of the three Community Centres – Woodhatch, Horley or Banstead. The role involves running all aspects of the catering service at the centre by providing meals, snacks and beverages to members and users of the centre, delivering the service in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Responsibilities of role:
- To prepare and serve a range of hot and cold meals, snack bar lunches, snacks, cakes and beverages as required and prepare three course meals for centre events or hirers.
- Provide excellent service to all café and centre customers - taking their orders, answering questions, handling cash and card transactions, serving food and drinks, and clearing tables, in a friendly, polite and efficient manner.
- Maintain a calm, organised and professional approach at all times, including during busy periods.
- To maintain and clean the kitchen and café area and all equipment including appliances in a clean, tidy and safe state. (NB role includes cleaning the kitchen, including equipment and floors).
- To clear tables and wash up (washing up is done by hand prior to sterilising), and to ensure that tea-towels, tablecloths etc. are laundered daily, working cooperatively with other staff and volunteers.
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a wider team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
Qualifications (training can be provided):
- First Aid qualification
- Food hygiene qualification to level 2 or higher
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Lisa White, Community Centre Team Leader, on 07385 949 886 or email: Lisa.White@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.