£10.29 per hour + 15% annual leave enhancement, based at Esher Adult Learning Centre, 19 Esher Green, Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AA.
This is a Bank job role, initially to cover the below working pattern:
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups
Surrey Adult Learning provide a wide range of daytime, evening and Saturday courses and learning opportunities for adults. The provision includes leisure courses like arts and crafts and languages; qualification courses such as GCSE’s in English and Maths; classes which support those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities; classes aimed at parents/carers to help them support their children and improve their own skills; and an outreach provision aimed at vulnerable groups in the community who would not normally engage in any form of learning.
Surrey Adult Learning has seven centres across North and South West Surrey and is looking to appoint a Caretaker/Cleaner for its Esher Centre.
About the Role
This role will incorporate routine cleaning as well as general maintenance which ensures the safe and smooth operation of the Centre. You will also be expected to be polite, friendly and welcoming delivering excellent customer care for the users of the Centre.
Key aspects of the role include being able to:
- Ensure classrooms and equipment are set up, as required.
- Ensure the Centre is clean and welcoming at all times.
- Carry out general maintenance and upkeep of the Centre's buildings and grounds.
- Escalate works beyond level of skill to the Centre Coordinator.
- Act as point of contact for workmen and contractors.
- Ensure routine health and safety checks are undertaken.
- Escalate any health and safety concerns to the Centre Coordinator and involve Property and Fire colleagues, as appropriate.
- Act as key holder for the Centre, routinely opening and locking up the Centre, as well as in the event of adverse weather or in an emergency situation.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate a practical and confident approach as the role involves some lone working.
For an informal discussion about the role, contact Phil Evans by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 07 February 2023.