The salary range for these roles is £36,282 - £40,146 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
The Mental Health service is looking for:
- 1 x Social Worker: 6-month fixed term, full time contract based at Woking BC Civic Offices, GU21 6YL.
- 1 x Social Worker: permanent full-time contract at Woodhatch Place, 11 Cockshot Hill, Woodhatch, Reigate, RH2 8EF.
- 1 x Social Worker: permanent full-time contract at Tandridge District Council Offices, Station Road Easy, Oxted RH8 0BT
- 1 x Social Worker: permanent full-time contract at Elmbridge Borough Council Offices, Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, KT10 9SD
The Mental Health Service delivers services to all Surrey residents who meet social care criteria in line with the Care Act, in relation to their mental health needs. We are leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach. Our goal is for service-users to be able to make informed choices about the services they use, be more in control of their care, and to be active citizens within their community. Teams within the service deliver high-quality care for service-users with mental health needs. Team members are friendly, cohesive and proud of their record in providing an effective service in the community.
About the role
As a Mental Health Social Worker, you will be expected to assess the social care needs of service users and provide direct social work intervention to some of the most challenging and complex service users and their carers. We are looking for enthusiastic social workers who can provide effective support for people with mental health needs using a strength-based approach to enable individuals to live as independently as possible with more choice and control. You will need to be flexible to work in a challenging environment. You will be supported and will benefit from a structured induction programme.
To be shortlisted for an interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- A full driving licence and have use of a vehicle insured for work/business purposes
- A working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
We can offer you:
- Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Innovative technology: laptop and mobile phones are provided. Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on an on-going basis.
Interviews will be virtually via Microsoft Teams,.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Charlotte Macgregor at Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org for the Woking position, Juliette Flynn at email@example.com for the Reigate positions or Melanie Cookson at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Elmbridge role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.