The starting salary for this position is £24,162 per annum for 36 hours per week, across 42 weeks of the year, pro-rata to £26,080. The role is term time, plus an additional 15 days per year.
Do you have a passion for supporting children with communication difficulties at school? Have you been working on SLT targets in the classroom?
Do you know your Colourful Semantics from your Zones of Regulation?
Our innovative and supportive school-based SLT service is looking for a Senior Assistant to work in schools in Southwest Surrey. As well as working with children and young people under the direction of a Therapist, you will join a supportive network of Assistants who meet regularly for learning and peer support.
About the Service
We aim to deliver the right support at the right time, through assessment and intervention, and by equipping families and professionals with the skills and resources to work together to help and support children with SLCN. We follow the Balance Model to offer universal, targeted and specialist support for children, families, and the school workforce, and work with children and young people with EHCPs and those at SEN support.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to work across schools in Surrey. The post is predominantly mainstream based, with the potential for working in a special school or specialist centre for 1 or 2 days per week, depending on service needs and your experience.
Your main duties in the role of Senior Speech and Language Therapy Assistant will include:
- Working individually with a child / young person within the school or with small groups
- Modelling strategies to class teachers / teaching assistants
- Making resources for the therapy team
- Offering shadowing opportunities and peer support to less experienced SLTAs
- Contributing to project work
- In the current situation we are working remotely and delivering therapy via teletherapy methods
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- 2 years’ experience of working with children and young people as a SLT Assistant as part of a Speech and Language Therapy Team either within mainstream or specialist schools and centres
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Knowledge of communication strategies and approaches used in Speech and Language Therapy
The closing date for this advert is 23:59 on 29th January 2023 although we will be looking at applications as they come in and may shortlist in advance of the closing date. We therefore encourage an early application.
Interviews will be held on the 6th February via Microsoft Teams
For an informal discussion, please contact Peter Berrill (SW Area Lead for SLT) via email at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
All therapy staff are provided with a laptop and mobile phone to allow flexible working, and we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance, considering flexible working and job sharing where possible. You will benefit from a generous Local government salary-related pension and the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.