Summer Internships 2023 – Apply now
Applications are now open for Surrey Heath Borough Council's popular paid summer internship programme 2023.
We are seeking students to work on real projects for the Council during Summer 2023 with the opportunity to gain valuable experience within a Local Authority. The placements can last between four weeks through to three months and are open to undergraduates and postgraduates.
Our previous Intern placements have included Community Development, Economic Development, Media & Communications, Human Resources, Housing, Investment & Development, Planning Policy, and Business.
Please complete the application form below by midday on 27th February.
If you have any difficulties accessing the online application or have any queries about our internship programme please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Placements will be a blend of working in the office and working from home depending on the needs of the department and your personal preferences. A DBS check may be needed for some departments.
The assessment day will be held on 21st April and will be in person. We expect our 2023 internship placements to run from early July to early/mid-September depending the successful candidates’ availability.
For further information about this opportunity and further instructions on how to apply, please visit:
We are looking for candidates to demonstrate:
- The Council’s values of teamwork, customer focus, innovation, delivering results, and proud to serve
- Why your motivations and interests are a good fit with that of Surrey Heath Borough Council and the areas of work available
- Any career aspirations, particularly in local government, that would be benefitted from working at Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Some awareness of issues affecting the public sector and local government
- Enthusiasm for the internship and work of Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, to secure effective results
- Self-awareness and the ability to adapt and learn