Green Spaces Assistant Manager
£34,474 - £38,276
37 hrs per week. Hybrid working available with a minimum of 3 days a week attendance in Runnymede
About the role
Runnymede Borough Council sits adjacent to the river Thames and benefits from an outstanding portfolio of open space including the Runnymede Pleasure Grounds, Chertsey Meads, and Homewood Park. Our parks and green spaces are highly valued by our residents.
We recently insourced our grounds maintenance services giving us the opportunity to explore more sustainable grassland and planting policies across our parks and open spaces. We are looking for a practical, dynamic and enthusiastic Green Spaces Assistant Manager who will work with our Green Spaces Manager to deliver our green scene service for residents and communities within Runnymede Borough Council.
The Green Spaces Assistant Manager will support the Green Spaces Manager with respect to the following operational issues relating to our parks and green spaces.
- Landscape management and sustainable planting policies
- Building links with community and volunteer groups
- Delivering inspection and maintenance programmes for our playgrounds and green infrastructure.
- Development of the Borough’s Events function including our community events to promote the Borough and maximize income opportunities.
- The Safety Advisory Group function.
- Management and maintenance of the borough’s allotments.
- Management and development of the Green Spaces team.
- Degree level qualification
- Experience in delivering green spaces services ideally within a local authority environment
- Excellent communicator used to working with a diverse range of individuals with differing agendas and backgrounds.
- Practical and innovative with a passion for the natural environment.
- Numerate with an understanding of procurement processes
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
The role is based at our Addlestone Civic offices within the Environmental Services department. The green spaces team will sit alongside Environmental Health, Engineering the Direct Services team, and Grounds Maintenance team.
Runnymede is a dynamic, delivery and resident focused authority. We pride ourselves on our resilience and independence running our own grounds maintenance and direct services teams from our depot in Chertsey.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
- 20% Shift allowance
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Helen Clark, Corporate Head of Environmental Services on 07796 810507 (email@example.com).
Closing Date: 2nd February 2023 at 11:59pm
Interview Date(s): 15th Feburary 2023
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below. Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, is available in the Extra Information attachment.
If it is difficult for you to apply online please contact us at Human Resources, Runnymede Borough Council, Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2AH.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Telephone: 01932 425517.