About the role
The Principal Environmental Health Officer manages the commercial team and the Senior Licensing Officer. You’ll ensure the service:
- Delivers its official food controls & safety enforcing authority actions in food premises,
- Delivers communicable disease control actions,
- Investigates nuisance service requests and pollution work.
- Develops staff to realise their full potential and identify service improvements
The Principal Environmental Health Officer will also respond to planning consultations on environmental matters such as noise.
- Environmental Health professional (EHORB/CIEH Registered EHP or equivalent)
- Management experience
- Additional relevant qualifications in noise or pollution would be an advantage
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
You’ll work closely with the existing Principal EHO (residential) and Corporate Head of Environmental Services and be able to provide management cover across the service area.
Additionally, you’ll be an active participant of the Environmental Services management team working across service areas to help deliver the five strategies in our new Corporate Business Plan.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
How to apply
For more information on the role and to apply please visit: Runnymede Borough Council Jobs | Surrey Jobs
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01932 425516 who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Helen Clark, Corporate Head of Environmental Services on 01932425734 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: 8th January 2023 (23:59 hours)
Interview Date(s): Wednesday 18th January 2023
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Counci