We are facing increasing numbers of households who are presenting as homeless and who are placed in temporary accommodation as well more applicants on the Councils Housing Register for social housing. We are expecting further increased demands on the Housing Options Service and are seeking an officer who can help us meet these challenges.
You will carry out mainly administrative duties across the functions of the Housing Options Unit to help us and meet our legal obligations to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- You will work within the Homelessness Prevention and Advice Team as well as across other teams in the Housing Options Unit as required, supporting the team who has the most demand at any given time.
- You will have regular telephone contact with applicants who are homeless or threatened with homelessness or in housing need, enquiring about their application for housing and will be required to deal with a high volume of queries daily
- You will support the service to maximise income for accommodation provided by the Unit and to assist in move on accommodation for all applicants.
- You must be a quick learner and willing work across all 3 teams in the Housing Options Unit so need to have a flexible approach to your work
- You will need an eye for detail for inputting and checking documents, updating computer records as necessary
- You will need to enjoy communicating with applicants on the phone, some of may be distressed
- You need to be able to send clear/ easily understood emails and letters to applicants
- You need to be able to carry out home visits to and carry out face to face interviews as well as at the Civic Centre.
For information on this role please contact Juliette Martin Team Leader on 01372 474598