Are you a highly skilled, enthusiastic planning professional looking for a new challenge? Or perhaps you want to take the next step in your career?
This is a permanent, full-time post and the appointment is at grade M2 with a starting salary up to £40,604.00. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role at M2 level as described in the Role Specification.
A “Golden Hello” is available to the successful applicant and the amount, terms and conditions will be discussed with those selected for interview.
This is a great opportunity for someone to play a key role in our Planning Policy team, in a role which is:
- Interesting and extremely rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for someone who likes to work on their own initiative, managing their own varied and interesting workload, with no two days the same.
- Made for someone who thrives on interesting planning challenges.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, with a lively, dynamic, friendly and supportive team of planning professionals.
- Perfect for someone who is creative, enthusiastic and dynamic.
About the role
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique planning challenges we face in our district.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of high-profile planning policy issues including local plan review, preparation of supplementary planning documents and production of the effectiveness and performance of planning policy (such as the Annual Monitoring Report) to Members
- Assisting with the Council’s response to key policy and development issues such as the Gatwick Northern Runway Development Consent Order, AONB review, Biodiversity Net Gain and Conservation Area appraisals
- Working closely with development management colleagues advising on key planning policy issues associated with major planning applications.
The Council encourages and supports continuous professional development and, for staff wanting to do so, involvement in working on specific projects with other service areas to carry forward our transformational Future Tandridge Programme.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- An experienced planner, with a good knowledge of planning policy and planning legislation at a local, regional and national level.
- Already experienced or willing to gain experience in presenting at committees.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional planning policy service, with a track record of building working relationships with key outside organisations.
- A highly motivated, flexible team player, with excellent communication skills, used to working in a fast-paced environment, closely with colleagues across a range of professions.
- Used to working on your own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Are highly organised and have good report writing skills.
If you are currently seeking, or are willing to work towards, full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute we would definitely be interested in hearing from you. The Council is willing to support you in achieving full membership.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our dynamic Planning Policy team, then we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cliff Thurlow on 01883 732906 or e-mail email@example.com.