The starting salary for this role is £36,282 per annum and is based on a 36 working hour week.
A great opportunity has arisen for a full time Assessing Social Worker within the FOS Assessment Fostering Team as part of the Family and Friends Team, based at Woodhatch Place, Reigate.
The successful candidate will be part of a creative fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss, social pedagogy and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
The primary focus of the role will be assessing connected persons foster carers and special guardians, as well as completing assessments for temporary approval under Regulation 24, supervising Connected Persons Foster carers, and carrying out general tasks within the wider fostering team.
Self-motivated and accustomed to working to deadlines, you will have good IT and communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships.
To recognise your exceptional skills and talent, further to a competitive salary, we are now offering a new financial package of up to £6,000 to new permanent qualified frontline case-holding social workers. (These are subject to tax and national insurance deductions and paid pro rata if you are part time):
- An unconsolidated welcome payment of £1,000 with a corresponding retention period of six months
- A further unconsolidated retention payment of £2,000 on completion of six months service, with a corresponding retention period of twelve months
- A final unconsolidated retention payment of £3,000 on completion of 18 months service with a corresponding retention period of two years.
Payment will be deducted from the final month salary should the corresponding tie in period not be completed.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people and a comprehensive knowledge of legislation relating to Looked After Children and Care Proceedings
- An ability to be able to work directly with the wider public, foster carers and young people, and be able to produce clear, evidence based and analytical assessments
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and occasional weekends, as the role includes attending events and home visits outside office hours
- You need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England
- You will have a valid driver’s licence.
This role is primarily within the Fostering Team based at Woodhatch Place, Reigate, but you will need to be prepared to travel countywide and/or further afield, therefore access to your own transport is essential.Additional Information
This advert closes at 23:59 on 18th December 2022 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Lizanda Earle by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.