The starting salary for this role is £41,127 based on a 36 hour working week.
The Mental Health locality teams are seeking to appoint a Senior Social Worker in the Mid Team, on a 6 month fixed-term contract, based at Epsom Local Office, Epsom Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5BY (position available until mid-June)
About the service
Surrey County Council delivers high-quality care for service-users with mental health. We are leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation, and a recovery-focused, strength-based approach. Our goal is for customers to be able to make informed choices about the services they use, be more in control of their care, and to be active citizens within their community
About the role
As a Senior Social Worker in mental health, you will be expected to have strong experience in assessing the social care needs of service users, provide direct social work intervention to some of the most challenging and complex service users and their carers. You will provide effective support to individuals with mental health needs using a strength-based approach to enable individuals to live as independently as possible with more choice and control. As a Senior Social Worker, you will supervise, support staff, as well as, work alongside the team managers regarding improving processes and shaping the team. You will need to be flexible to work in a challenging environment. You will be supported and will benefit from a structured induction programme.
To be shortlisted for an interview your application and supporting statement will clearly evidence:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an ASYE programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant post qualifying experience, including working with complex case management
- A full driving licence and have use of a vehicle insured for work/business purposes is essential
- A working knowledge of current legislation, assessments, preparation of care plans, undertaking placement reviews, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
We can offer you:
- A structured Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Clear professional leadership, training and great opportunities to develop your career
- Innovative technology: laptop and mobile phones are provided. Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at several County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
This advert will be reviewed regularly, on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to close the role once enough applicants have been received and the role is filled.
Interviews will take place via video link with dates to be confirmed.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Melanie Cookson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.