The starting salary for this role is £26,080 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our busy Helpdesk Team on a six-month fixed term contract or secondment (for internal staff) with the potential to extend beyond that. This is a full-time position but we also welcome applications from those seeking part-time hours.
In this role you will be working as a key part of the Business Operations directorate. Business Operations is an integrated business support and transaction service which offers a range of services covering HR, Payroll, Finance and Procurement within Surrey County Council.
As a Helpdesk Officer, you will be the first point of contact for both internal and external queries, via phone and email, responding to all enquiries relating to HR, Pensions and Finance under the direction of your supervisor and the Customer Service Improvement Manager.
You will be taken through a structured induction programme and will be given tools and guidance to enable you to support customers and resolve queries at first point of contact.
Your main duties in the role of My Helpdesk Officer will include:
- Receive and respond to everyday enquiries from colleagues and customers to provide a timely, courteous, and effective service
- Plan and prioritise own week-to-week work activities to ensure operational efficiency and refer to more senior colleagues for prioritisation of non-standard work
- Maintain a network of contacts, knowing who to liaise with on key issues to report on and resolve issues
- Communicate and liaise with service users and/or external contacts, usually through established routine connections as own section of work requires.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers
- Good administrative /organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to work with others to achieve objectives and improve customer service
- Competent in a range of IT tools.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
This job advert closes at 23:59 on 11/12/2022 with interviews to follow.
For an informal discussion please contact Colin Adams by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups