Assistant Support Worker
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
The role of Assistant Support Worker at Thames Reach play a pivotal part in our inspiring work, helping homeless people get off the streets, back on their feet and looking forward to a brighter future.
With the help of our experienced senior staff and management, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will receive regular support from experienced staff who will both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our East Surrey Outreach Service, supporting both new and more complex rough sleepers to move away from the streets and access and sustain accommodation and support. The team work across 4 councils in the region – Epsom and Ewell, The Mole Valley, Reigate and Banstead and Tandridge – and work closely with housing departments in each council to ensure there is a prompt and effective response to rough sleeping. Thames Reach welcomes applications from people with transferable skills.
A clean driving license is an essential requirement for this role.
As an Assistant Support Worker you will:
- Provide a response to referrals we receive across the 4 councils
- Facilitate drop-in sessions at local services working with homeless people
- Support our clients with practical tasks that will enable them to move off of the streets or sustain accommodation.
- Maintain and support links with community programmes and resources
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed and work is recorded and monitored
To succeed as the Assistant Support Worker, you will:
- Have excellent prioritising skills and be able to independently manage your workload
- Be a proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, including databases
- Show initiative and attention to detail
- Be effective at developing and maintaining good and effective working relationships
- Have an interest in homelessness and a desire to support us to have a positive impact on the lives of homeless people.
We are listed in the top 100 UK Best Workplaces 2022 in the UK. As part of a commitment to our employees we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance – 29 days per year plus 8 public holidays (pro rata).
- Pension – we contribute 6.5% to your pension when you contribute 1.5%.
- Excellent development opportunities – career progression, regular supervision and appraisals, and learning programmes to support your career with Thames Reach.
- Wellbeing support – our 24/7 employee assistance programme and opportunities for TOIL.
- Life assurance – four times your annual salary.
- Critical illness cover.
- Other benefits including interest free season ticket and cycle to work loans.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
This role is located in Redhill but you will need to travel across East Surrey.