We have an opportunity to join our Children Looked After Team based in Walton on Thames.
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support agile working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
The salary range for Team Managers is £46,634 - £52,625 per annum. We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000 which is payable in 3 instalments across your first 18 months in post. Information about qualifying criteria to receive this payment can be found HERE, with further information available in the attached Total Reward Statement about other financial benefits available to you including professional fees, pension contribution and much more.
Joining Surrey as a Team Manager will be an opportunity to be part of a culture in which children and families are supported in a spirit of partnership that encourages them to develop their own solutions while receiving the help and support, they need to address their complex situations. You will also nurture and grow your own team of social workers and practitioners using a motivational interviewing approach, which contributes to Surrey’s continued journey to “outstanding”.
Joining Surrey as a Team Manager of the Looked After Children’s team will be an opportunity to be part of a culture in which building sustainable relationships with children, where planning for their permanence is at the heart of our practice.
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This creates a sense of purpose and fulfilment with a clear pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Wherever you are in your career journey, Surrey is committed to supporting and nurturing you so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Our Surrey Children’s Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as motivational interviewing and our total respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach to your practice.
How we will support you:
Surrey is committed to supporting you both professionally and personally and we offer a number of benefits you can access in your time away from work. A few examples of these include:
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to our car lease scheme
- Opportunity to join our competitive local government pension scheme
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – which offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
Fancy a chat?
Our friendly teams could talk your socks off when it comes to all things Social Work. We’d love to hear from you and find out more about what you’re looking for so if you’d like to talk to us please just drop a quick message to email@example.com and we’ll get a call arranged.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on the 19th of December 2022.
Following the closing date, if your application is shortlisted you will be contacted by our CFL Workforce Team within 5 working days. They will be able to advise on interview arrangements and can support in answering any questions you may have.
You will need to be registered with Social Work England and have the willingness and ability to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role.