Senior Contracts Solicitor
Salary Range £45,646 - £52,938 (pro-rata)
32 hrs per week dependent on experience (Hybrid working)
About the Senior Contracts Solicitor role:
As a Senior Contracts Solicitor will be expected to take on a variety of matters, both routine and complex, with a focus on Contract, Commercial and Procurement Law, and:
- Provide advice and manage contract and procurement legal cases.
- Support the Principal Contracts Solicitor
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts (including construction contracts and service contracts) and advise on contract disputes.
- Support corporate projects working in multi-disciplinary teams and advise on governance issues
- Advise officers and act as legal advisor to Committees
- Report to the Principal Contracts Solicitor
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of contract and procurement work, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of contract and procurement law
- Experience of managing a wide and varied forms of contract and procurement matters with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate commercial acumen, drive, enthusiasm and exceptional communication skills.
- For the Principal Solicitor (Contracts) role:
- Experience of leading a Team or directly supervising other legal officers.
- Hybrid working 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
- Flexible working 7am-7pm (Core hours are 10-11.30am & 2.30pm-4pm) and Flexi-leave
- 28 Days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holidays and 1 extra day at Christmas (rising to 31 Days annual leave after 2 years)
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised cafe on site
- Training and development opportunities
- Payment of one professional membership per annum
- Cycle to work + further related discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Health and Dental insurance plan after 3 years’ service
- Mileage allowance
Runnymede is an ambitious, passionate, and progressive council with a forward- thinking attitude and award-winning departments. As a Borough Council, we are committed to our four core values and goals which we demonstrate through our ongoing policies and projects. We are always keen to improve our services and welcome innovative and proactive individuals who are open minded and have a positive approach in supporting our vision.
As part of Runnymede Borough Council’s commitment to delivering excellent standards of service delivery, we are looking for two ambitious and experienced lawyers, who can demonstrate the commercial acumen, drive and enthusiasm required to support an entrepreneurial local authority looking to deliver quality services to its residents. Our new Corporate Business Plan sets out in five strategies how we will add value to the lives of residents:
- Responding to climate change
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of local people,
- Encouraging residents’ ability to effect change locally,
- Driving economic development in the Borough, and
- Organisational development, allowing us to be best placed to deliver the above.
Working for Runnymede Legal Services offers you the ability to work closely with key officers at every level of the authority on a variety of contract and procurement work that will make no one day the same!
How to apply
For more information on the Principal Contract Solicitor or Senior Solicitor roles and to apply please visit Runnymede’s council website or alternatively contact Chelsey at Sellick Partnership.
We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workforce and we welcome applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds, skills and abilities. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources at Runnymede Council who will be able to assist you.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Piero Ionta, Deputy Corporate Head of Law or Chelsey Newsom at Sellick Partnership
Closing Date: Monday 19th December 2022
Interview Date(s): Wednesday 11th January 2023
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for considering Runnymede Borough Council.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below. Full information, including the Job Description, Person Specification and other details about Runnymede Borough Council, is available in the Extra Information attachment. If it is difficult for you to apply online please contact us at Human Resources, Runnymede Borough Council, Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2AH. Email: email@example.com. or Telephone: 01932 425516.