Strategic Head of Organisation & Transformation
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
£89,181 - £93,693 per annum + excellent pension, generous annual leave allowance + more
Full time, permanent, hybrid working.
Could you be our Strategic Head of Organisation & Transformation? We’d like to hear from you if you’re an experienced change specialist who has successfully developed and driven a wide range of corporate strategies. We’re looking for an exceptional person to help develop and drive a forward looking, agile, collaborative and digitally focused organisation. You’ll also be promoting our corporate culture, improving performance and enhancing our customer experiences. All at the same time as providing leadership to a group of our corporate services and against a backdrop of a financially challenging environment. So, if you have these skills and are looking for a challenge and to make a difference please get in touch.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promotion of an organisational culture that empowers and motivates
- Leading on the development and delivery of corporate change programmes
- Ensuring that financial sustainability and customer focus is embedded into strategy
- Championing the greater use of data and acting as our SIRO (Senior Information Risk Owner)
- Leading the financial sustainability Project Management resource to ensure delivery
- Working collaboratively with Heads of Service ensuring positive leadership, guidance, coaching, direction and motivation
- Developing and facilitating the delivery of the Council’s approach to digital
- To maintain oversight of the development and implementation of council wide transformation programmes
- Senior stakeholder engagement and development of positive relationships
- A track record that demonstrates impact at both strategic and service-based levels
- Extensive experience of driving culture change
- Strategic coaching and employee engagement experience
- A good understanding of the political environment, public sector reform, innovation and leading-edge practice
- Experience of working in an environment where political interface is required
- A good understanding of information governance and an approach which empowers the use of data, whilst ensuring its security, regulation and compliance
- Experience creating and driving a digital agenda
- Programme/project management with experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits including:
- 36 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), increasing with continued service
- Industry and specialism competitive salary
- Performance related pay
- Flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance
- Excellent pension (15% employer contribution)
- Access to a high street discount portal
- Discounted gym/swim membership at ‘Better’ leisure centres
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work
- Interest free season ticket loans (for travel and council managed car parks)
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Luci Mould, Director, on 01737 276214.
Applications, including your CV and covering letter, are to be submitted to Venus Hau, Personal Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 30 December 2022
Interview date: w/c 16 January 2023
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.