The starting salary for this role is £46,634 per annum based on a 36 hour working week
The role is based at Woodhatch Place, 11 Cockshot Hill, Woodhatch, Reigate, RH2 8EF
An exciting Assistant Team Manager opportunity has arisen in the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service, in the Adult Social Care directorate at Surrey County Council.
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced, and flexible AMHP to join us in the newly created role of AMHP Assistant Team Manager.
About the role
Working alongside the AMHP Team Manager, you will lead a high performing AMHP service, providing professional practice oversight to support and develop excellent statutory AMHP practice. You will provide leadership and management to the development and delivery of our wider mental health service, ensuring that our delivery is of high quality and reflects best practice, in line with our statutory duties. You will provide high quality supervision to AMHPs across the service and support the development of Trainee AMHPs.
You will be an excellent communicator and demonstrate both the skill and ability to manage and support the day-to-day running of a large, busy and dynamic team, prioritising daily challenges effectively. You will be confident in making sound practice decisions that respond flexibly and quickly to changing needs and emergencies that arise. You will be able to develop effective partnership relationships with individuals, carers and families and positive relationships with external stakeholders.
To be shortlisted for an interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Hold extensive knowledge of Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, and Human Rights Act, as well as the associated Codes of Practice.
- Significant post qualification experience and have some management experience, including some experience in a social care setting.
- A key accountability of the role is developing staff practice and therefore applicants must be able to demonstrate evidence of providing effective professional supervision to AMHPs and less experienced colleagues.
- A willingness and ability to travel across Surrey in accordance with the demands of the work and job profile.
- Professional qualification in social work and registered with the relevant registration authority and adhere to their standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
- Be a practicing and approved AMHP.
If you think you have the right skills, experience, and qualifications for the role alongside a high degree of personal drive and enthusiasm, then this could be the job for you.
We can offer you
- Continuous Local Government (LG) service if in LG, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Innovative technology to make day to day tasks more manageable: laptop and mobile phones are provided. Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices with detachable keyboards to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Please note that you will have to complete a written exercise as part of the interview process.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Gemma Jones – AMHP Service Manager on 07805 688246 or at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.