This role has a starting salary of £36,202 based on a 36 hour working week.
Are you looking for an exciting events manager role in a fast-paced organisation?
Prevention is at the heart of Surrey Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS). As we move into 2023 we have an exciting opportunity for a new role as a Prevention Events Manager!
About the Role
As the Prevention Events manager, you will lead and plan creative roadshows and events hosted directly in our communities across Surrey. Working with teams within SFRS and our partners to inform and educate people in Safety: at Home, on the roads and outdoors. You will also work directly with communities to give them the skills and awareness to stay safe and live well.
You will report to the Prevention and Volunteer Manager, your interaction will be across the whole Prevention Team’s remit which includes to target messages to communities in greatest need: Safety from fires, Road Collisions, Outdoor Safety, an all members of the Prevention team.
This role requires you to work in a variety of locations across Surrey and may include collaboration with other Fire and Rescue Services.
In order to be shortlisted for this role, you will need to evidence that;
- You possess a qualification relevant to the organisation of events and/or extensive experience in event management working with a range of stakeholders
- You are an exceptional communicator, with good written and verbal skills with the ability to adapt their communications to their audience, specifically those from BAME communities, young people and the elderly.
- You are organised and able to balance a demanding workload, capable of working in a team and on your own. You must also have strong IT skills, specifically MS Office.
- Experience of securing and maintaining financial support from commercial and public sector organisations, such as through bid writing and grant applications.
- Awareness of Equalities Act 2010, Fire & Rescue National Framework for England and how these relate to the role.
- You have a full valid driving licence for UK use and access to a car.
We want people who can inspire and motivate others to make positive changes to the way people live and work! If that’s you, we would love to hear from you!
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 14th November 2022
Interviews date to be communicated once shortlisting has taken place.
For an informal discussion please contact Chrissie Cooper on 07929 057 461 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.