The starting salary for this position is £35,382 per annum based on a 36-hour working week. The role is offered as a 12-month fixed-term contract or secondment opportunity.
The role is based at Quadrant Court, Guildford Road, Woking, however the team is agile, working from home and other offices and locations in Surrey.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated applicant to join the Education Place Planning Team within the Education and Learning Service. The Education Place Planning Team supports children and young people in Surrey by ensuring there are sufficient school places across the county. The team works closely with education providers to ensure sufficient and sustainable places.
As a Commissioning Assistant you will have the opportunity to:
- Prepare information for public consultations to engage children and young people, their families and other interested parties in school organisation changes
- Prepare information to support strategic planning
- Analyse data to support decision making
- Analyse and share forecast data with schools
- Have the opportunity to be involved in delivering additional specialist places for pupils with Special Educational Needs as part of the SEND Capital Programme
- Assist with Academy conversions working as a co-ordinator within the local authority
- Build relationships with education providers and the wider stakeholder group
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Experience of working with data and using this to draw conclusions
- An understanding of working with schools, or in a local authority educational environment
- Knowledge of current educational policies and frameworks
- Experience of maintaining relationships with schools and other stakeholders
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 26th October 2022.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 7th November.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract/secondment opportunity.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Jane Keenan on 07970 645 745 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.