The starting salary for this role is £16,348 per annum for working 36 hours per week. This is a remote working role.
In this Level 3 Apprenticeship role, you will develop skills to deliver the strategic development, production and distribution of communications to the external stakeholders of Twelve15. Twelve15 is a trading department of Surrey County Council, delivering traded services in education and other settings.
Surrey County Council is an inclusive and diverse employer that is recognised as a great first place to work if you're looking for a long and lasting career. This is your chance to receive excellent training and personal development within a welcoming and supportive environment.
Our 18-month Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. The scheme is designed for individuals who are living and entitled to work in England and are not in full-time education.
For over 70 years Twelve15 have been providing healthy, nutritious, and well-balanced meals to pupils, students and adults as well as offering a specialist service maintaining gym, sports and design technology equipment.
The services Twelve15 provide are a key contributor to the learning outcomes of children and young people. Our goal is to provide great tasting food, created to inspire informed food choices, and access to physical exercise in gyms and sports facilities, leading to healthy bodies and minds that are eager to learn. Twelve15 has over 250 catering clients and over 400 maintenance clients.
About the role
In this role, you will support and engage with different parts of Twelve15 and interact with internal or external stakeholders. With a focus on adding value, this role contributes to the efficiency of Twelve15 through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
Some of the tasks you will be involved with include:
- Work towards and achieve the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Learning to efficiently process administrative and transactional tasks including the preparation, writing, and uploading of tender submissions
- Developing the skills to organise meetings, events, marketing activities, making appointment follow up calls and administration of leads
- Learning to maintain and monitor Twelve15 social media activity and website updates, e.g., additional copy, image refresh and menu update
- Developing skills to support the delivery of content creation including videography, photography, design, and copy writing
- Developing the skills to respond to queries and complaints and proactively working with all areas of Twelve15
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent)
- GCSE 9-4/A*-C in Maths (or equivalent) or ability to work towards level 2 maths
- GCSE 9-4/A*-C in English (or equivalent) or ability to work towards level 2 English
- Solid experience in using necessary software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social medial platforms
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A proactive approach to developing skills
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 04/10/2022 with interviews to follow.
This is an 18-month secondment / fixed term contract.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s Barred List check will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Paul Larson on 07977 098059 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.