We have opportunities to join our Children Looked After Teams based across Surrey in Guildford & Redhill.
The salary range for Team Managers is £46,634 - £52,625 per annum. We also offer a financial package of up to £6,000.
Joining Surrey as a Team Manager will be an opportunity to be part of a culture in which children and families are supported in a spirit of partnership that encourages them to develop their own solutions while receiving the help and support, they need to address their complex situations. You will also nurture and grow your own team of social workers and practitioners using a motivational interviewing approach, which contributes to Surrey’s continued journey to “outstanding”.
Joining Surrey as a Team Manager of the Looked After Children’s team will be an opportunity to be part of a culture in which building sustainable relationships with children, where planning for their permanence is at the heart of our practice.
In Surrey, you will have a sense of belonging within your individual team but also the wider service areas and directorate. You will receive high quality supervision, as there is a firm commitment towards dedicating time that focusses on the work you do with children and families, to enable you to work creatively and holistically in providing support and protection to children whilst also paying attention to your wellbeing and career development. This creates a sense of purpose and fulfilment with a clear pathway to achieve your future aspirations.
Wherever you are in your career journey, Surrey is committed to supporting and nurturing you so that you can be the best version of yourself.
Our Surrey Children’s Service Academy currently has over 60 courses available and offers a bespoke learning programme so you can be at the forefront of best practice. Modules such as motivational interviewing and our total respect course allow you to feel empowered in having essential conversations whilst still ensuring a child centred approach to your practice.
How we will support you:
Surrey is committed to supporting you both professionally and personally and we offer a number of benefits you can access in your time away from work. A few examples of these include:
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to our car lease scheme
- Opportunity to join our competitive local government pension scheme
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – which offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
You can find out more about the range of benefits we offer by visiting Surrey staff benefits
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
Fancy a chat?
Our friendly teams could talk your socks off when it comes to all things Social Work. We’d love to hear from you and find out more about what you’re looking for so if you’d like to talk to us please just drop a quick message to email@example.com and we’ll get a call arranged.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 2the 28th September 2022.
Interviews will take place on weeks commencing 19th September 2022 & 3rd October 2022
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.