The starting salary for this role is £41,127 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
Our IT and Digital (IT&D) team is part of the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The purpose of this partnership is to deliver greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies and exploiting the benefits of sharing people, resources and technology.
The IT&D Service of Surrey County Council provides technical expert knowledge and guidance in developing effective business solutions for the County Council Services, to provide for the effective delivery of front-line services.
As part of the Education and Social Care Applications Team, you will help to ensure efficient and effective systems ownership support and improvement. This is a key post and will be predominantly responsible for Social Care IT systems / applications across a Microsoft Windows based environment.
The Council’s IT&D service directly supports approximately 10,000 staff across a variety of businesses. In addition to this, IT&D collaborates with partners within and beyond Surrey’s borders, including our Orbis partners as well as Central Surrey Health and NHS Digital.
Responsibilities include prioritising your workload to meet required deadlines, ensuring accurate updates to the team’s call logging systems, and monitoring progress with third parties. You will be encouraged to contribute and develop ideas to enhance efficiency within the service and find ways to improve processes. You will also run and deliver small to medium projects or act as a resource for large projects, following PRINCE 2 methodology.
You should be highly literate in the use of IT systems, with great communication skills, strong analytical problem-solving skills, and a proven track record in providing excellent customer support. You should have a real desire to develop professionally and be able to work well under pressure.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Provision of 2nd line and 3rd line support for critical business applications.
- Managing the technical and application support of systems, in development, testing, and production environments within a change management process.
- Effective management of an application life cycle and roadmap, including implementing upgrades, change controls, service requests and incident management.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, with strong interpersonal communication skills, and provide excellent customer service.
- Proven experience within an IT support role.
- Strong problem solving, diagnosis and monitoring skills in order to provide a high level of system availability and security.
- Analytical thinker with excellent attention to detail and a strong personal drive to deliver high standards, best practices and documented procedures.
- Strong written communication including technical and non-technical documentation.
- Providing customer focused support and consultancy on the use of IT applications to maximise the potential benefits to the business.
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting colleagues in project and “business as usual” support.
- Technically proficient in supporting and developing complex systems, using Microsoft Server technologies including O365, IIS and SQL.
- A good understanding of how Citrix, SCCM, App-V, Appsense are used to deliver a user experience.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 25/09/2022 with interviews to follow.
For an informal discussion please contact Trystan Ajjane-Jones by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please note, your application should consist of both a CV and personal statement. Your personal statement should be tailored specifically for this role and will give you the opportunity to tell us more about yourself, your skills and experience, and why this is the job for you.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.