About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Property & Regeneration Team at Mole Valley District Council in a senior role with responsibility for managing and developing Council property assets.
The team’s responsibilities include asset management, investment, regeneration, building projects and maintenance, primarily within Mole Valley and centred around Dorking and Leatherhead.
The Council has extensive property ownership across the district and is about to enter into the delivery phase of ‘Transform Leatherhead’ - an ambitious town centre regeneration scheme.
You will lead the Asset & Project management function in the effective management and development of its property assets. Reporting to the Property & Regeneration Manager, with direct responsibility for 6 staff with 4 direct reports.
Pippbrook, Dorking and home, working to our Hybrid policy., The role requires travel around Mole Valley for which you will need to have a full driving license and use of a vehicle.
- Provide effective management of the Council’s Asset & Project management function to ensure high performance and secure value for money outcomes that help deliver the Council’s corporate objectives.
- To make a significant contribution to the delivery and implementation of the Council’s asset investment strategy and optimise the portfolio to improve efficiency, quality, service and value.
- To lead, implement, execute and/or advise on a wide range of property projects that are of significant importance to the Council’s financial planning and / or Transform Leatherhead regeneration strategy, including project and budget management.
- Monitor the performance of consultants to ensure projects are delivered on time, to the contract standard and to budget.
- To oversee investment performance and reporting, making strategic recommendations to the Investment Board as necessary.
- Responsibility for rental income and capital projects budgets.
- To deputise for the Property & Regeneration Manager as may be necessary from time to time.
- You will be RICS qualified, with significant experience in a similar role
- A self-starter used to working under minimal supervision.
- An effective communicator able to write compelling reports on a variety of matters.
For further information about the role please contact careers inbox or Chris Riggott on 07920 709196.
Closing date for applicants: by midday Friday 2nd September 2022
Interview dates: Week commencing 12th September 2022
Interviews will be held at Pippbrook, our Council Offices in Dorking.
“Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion for All”