The starting salary for this role is £36,282 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
This role is open to partly remote working, meaning you will not be required in the office 5 days a week.
Environment, Transport, and Infrastructure (ETI) is an energetic, future-focused, and innovative Directorate. We focus on:
- Creating a greener future - Tackling the causes of climate change and become a carbon-neutral county as soon as possible.
- Digital Revolution - Making the most of new technology to innovate and improve services, and the way we work, to help Surrey and its residents thrive.
- Supporting the local economy - Investing in the infrastructure Surrey needs to build a strong and resilient economy.
The Asset Systems and Analytics Team’s role is to develop analytical and digital capabilities, support intelligence led strategic planning, improve data availability, and provide excellent value for taxpayer money.
We are small and developing team where members have a real impact on how we develop and deliver our objectives.
We establish best practice guidance on data management and develop GIS Strategy to support IT and Data Strategy for the Directorate. We work with teams across ETI to provide integrated GIS and data management solutions. Key deliverables for this team include the provision of web-based GIS and data solutions to help teams manage their activities and cooperate via shared online applications and interfaces, providing data to other SCC teams, Councillors, external partners, and the public.
The role of Data Management and GIS Specialist is to manage the obligations, development and distribution of GIS data, applications, and processes across ETI.
You will work with stakeholders and manage the delivery of better data management solutions, processes, and innovative technologies, to enable and support informed decision making across ETI.
You will lead projects to improve data management, data applications, processes, and training to support the operation of ETI, delivering the strategic goals and ambitions.
To be shortlisted for this position your application will clearly evidence your experience in relation to the below:
- Degree/Higher National Certificate (HNC) or equivalent in GIS or IT related subject and/or extensive relevant experience.
- Understanding of the principles of Data Management, Asset Data Management and their practical applications.
- Very good understanding and experience in ESRI GIS applications (ArcMap, AGOL, Portal), Web GIS and Mobile GIS.
- Competence and experience in managing complex asset management and data analysis projects and programmes with multiple stakeholders within a large organisation.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28/08/2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Jakub Durden by e-mail at Jakub.Durden@surreycc.gov.uk.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.