SENIOR PLANNING OFFICER
There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We are looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join our Planning Department. You will be a key part of the team where you shall be dealing with all matters in respect of Development Management, including complex planning applications. This will also involve relevant matters at pre- application and post- application stages of the planning process, planning appeals and planning enforcement.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Planning Officer, your main responsibility will be to process and determine a caseload of planning applications, appeals, discharge of conditions and all other post-decision matters. You will undertake all necessary site inspections, preparing reports and recommendations for applications.
You shall prepare evidence and written statements in respect of any planning appeals and represent the Council as a planning witness at hearings and Inquiries as may be required.
You will be expected to assist and provide guidance to junior staff including work allocation as may be requested by the Principal Planning Team Leaders and/or the Development Management Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in dealing with a wide variety of planning applications including carrying out of investigations and achieving resolutions through negotiation.
You will have Experience in presenting cases to the planning committee and writing complex planning reports with clear well-reasoned recommendations
In order to be considered for this position, you will hold a degree in Town Planning (or equivalent) and have full RPTI membership.
Knowledge of the relevant law, Government guidance, policies and practice relating to planning and planning enforcement matters are essential.
At Wirral Council, we work together to make Wirral a place we can all be proud of. We know Wirral Council touches almost every aspect of residents’ lives. That is a huge responsibility. Our vision is to create equity for people and place and opportunities for all to secure the best possible future for our residents, communities and businesses.
Wirral is thriving and constantly changing. We have completely rewritten who we are as an organisation. It’s an exciting time for our borough as we progress our ambitious plans and developments. Our priorities are developed based on what our residents have told us they want and need.
In response we’re working to:
- Build a prosperous and inclusive economy for residents and businesses.
- Create a sustainable environment to and lead the way on tackling climate change.
- Provide safe and pleasant communities.
- Support residents to lead active and healthy lives.
- Provide brighter futures for our children, young people and their families.
- At Wirral, we really care about developing our people. Your career aspirations are important to us. We want to know what matters to you. We want to know how we can help you in the next step on your journey. We encourage learning in the flow of work, we know that collaborative learning works really well here. Most importantly, we strive for a person led learning culture. Our people are supported by their managers in their learning and are backed by the organisation.
- We have an attractive rewards and benefits package for employees that is free to join and offers a range of discounts in over 7000 outlets on shopping, dining out, theatre, cinema, experiences and much more. Current schemes offer the opportunity to purchase technology, cars, phones and bicycles.
- You will enjoy our generous annual leave offer, entitled to 27 days leave per year, plus 8 additional public holidays. Your entitlement will increase to 32 days plus the public holidays after 5 years of service. You may also choose to purchase additional annual leave.
- It is important to us that our people feel happy, healthy and engaged at work. Our wellbeing offer for staff focuses on what you need to have more great days at work, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational health support, a discount at invigor8 gyms and Travel and cycle loans.
We wish to make the application process as straightforward as possible, so we just ask that you upload your CV, provide a brief covering statement and provide further information against a couple of specific questions.
This recruitment campaign is being managed by JGP Resourcing. Please contact James Miller for more information about this role at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07401 070140.
You can download a copy of the job description in full, as well as a document detailing the values of Wirral Council below.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic next step in your career at Wirral Council. Apply today!