The starting salary for this role is £41,127 per annum, working 36 hours per week.
The Early Years Commissioning Team works closely with Early Years settings and schools to fulfil our statutory duty to ensure that we have sufficient Early Years provision in Surrey. The team provides business advice to support providers to be financially sustainable whilst delivery the best quality childcare and education to our youngest children. The team also has a focus on market management of the childcare sector in Surrey to secure sufficient, good quality early education and childcare places for families with a particular focus on children with special educational needs and disabilities or those experiencing barriers to learning. Our aim is to improve outcomes for children and families and to achieve excellence for all Surrey residents.
Examples of our work include:
- Providing information, support and guidance on business planning, financial forecasting and governance to support sustainability of the sector.
- Supporting the sector to deliver the Early Years Funded Entitlement for 2, 3 & 4 year olds according to Statutory requirements.
- Monitoring and managing the market to ensure a mixed model of delivery to meet the needs of each community and achieve sufficiency.
- Being responsible for a geographical area of Surrey, gaining detailed and in-depth knowledge of the market and the needs of the community.
- Ensuring that children with special educational need and disabilities or other barriers to learning are included.
- Facilitating and creating opportunities for early identification and early intervention so children can reach their full potential.
- Engaging with families and providers to ensure that the early years sector continues to meet the needs of Surrey residents.
- Ensuring that all providers are compliant according to Statutory Guidance for LA’s when delivering Early Years Funded Entitlement
We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated applicants who have knowledge, understanding and experience of the Early Years sector. Working closely with a wide variety of teams you will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and working to strict deadlines.
We would welcome your application if:
- You have commissioning experience or business and financial management.
- You have knowledge and experience of working at a senior level in the early years or schools sector.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with teams within the council and with external partners.
- Have a passion for improving outcomes and services for children, young people and their families.
- A keen understanding for value for money.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17/08/2022.
Interviews will take place on 31/08/2022.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Carol Savedra via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.