The Epsom Playhouse, situated in Epsom town centre, comprises a 450 seat main stage auditorium and the 80 seat Myers Studio Theatre.
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic individuals to work behind the bar and deliver first class service and promote a rapidly growing programme of professional and community performances. You will be a motivated team player with excellent communication skills able to provide a high level of service to customers who can maximise sales through effective customer care and contribute ideas and practical assistance to fulfil marketing strategies.
With an interest in a career in arts you will fulfil the following criteria:
- A commitment to the delivery of first-class customer care
- Ability to communicate clearly and deal with different groups of people
- A confident disposition, calm under pressure, with a good sense of humour
- Experience of dealing with cash and balancing end of day takings
- An organised, methodical approach to work
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to work flexible hours, as and when required, including weekends and public holidays throughout the year including during the Christmas and New Year period
If this sound like you and you have a few spare hours, come join our friendly team working in our theatre bar at the Epsom Playhouse.
At Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, we are passionate about maintaining an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all sections of our community particularly from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities. We are committed to ensuring all our staff – regardless of gender, age, religion, sexuality, ethnicity or disability – can thrive and succeed whilst working with us.