The starting salary for this position is £29,291 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
We are looking for an Enabling Independence Team Leader to join our Enabling Independence Team working with GP in Mental Health Services covering North West Surrey. This contract is for an 18-month pilot initially, to be reviewed at a later date.
In Surrey we have a strong, well established in-house Enabling Independence Team supporting residents of Surrey who have mental health and/or substance misuse needs in their recovery. Enabling Independence is a standalone mental health service which links across mental health and substance misuse services and works in partnership with reablement.
This arm of the service is to focus on working alongside GP in Mental Health Services and aims to support people with wellbeing and prevention, to identify goals in a strengths-based way to meet their needs and work on support plans to maximise independence and recovery. This includes co-ordinating and supervising the work of the team and including allocations of referrals. You will support the development of support plans as well as contribute to reviews and assessments to maximise independence and recovery.
About the role
In this role, you will be required to coordinate this GP in Mental Health Services arm of the Enabling Independence team across North West Surrey in order to deliver a high-quality service to promote prevention and recovery in a strengths-based approach. You will be required to supervise a small team in supporting service users to achieve their support plan goals, to maximise independence and recovery from mental health and/or substance misuse.
This role will suit someone with some professional experience in social care and who can work flexibly and independently across a geographical area to support staff.
To be shortlisted for an interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Relevant experience of working with people with mental health and or substance misuse needs
- Previous experience in completing assessments, support plans and risk assessments
- Ability to work on your own initiative and respond flexibly to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages and internet
- Access to a car and a driving licence
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17/08/2022.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
This is an 18-month secondment opportunity / fixed term contract.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Adults’ Barred List check will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Hewlett (Senior Manager) on 07971673277 or Michelle Dunbar (Team Manager) on 07773061935.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
We can offer you:
- Clear professional leadership, training and great opportunities to develop your career
- Innovative technology: Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at several County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.