Do you have a genuine passion for people? Do you want to work in a dedicated and rewarding environment?
Surrey Registration Service are recruiting professional and self-motivated Ceremonies Registrars to join our friendly team.
Surrey County Council is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 1.2 million residents. The Surrey Registration Service is responsible for the registration of 3,500 civil marriages and partnerships occurring in the county of Surrey each year. We welcome and value difference with equality of opportunity at the heart of all we do.
We have numerous bank roles available with no minimum fixed hours with a salary of £13.89 per hour.
Any requests for work will be for weekend and Bank Holiday periods.
We need numerous Bank Ceremony Registrars for each of our offices; Guildford Register Office, Leatherhead Register Office and Weybridge Register Office. You may be required to work from an alternative office from time to time.
The role of the ceremony’s registrar is to ensure that all formal aspects of registering and conducting legal civil ceremonies, is adhered to. These ceremonies take place at a variety of licensed venues such as hotels, barns and country houses located across the county, as well as the Register Offices in Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge.
The work required is seasonal, as the majority of ceremonies take place in the summer and the most popular day is, Saturday. We do expect you to be available 2 out of 4 weekends during the summer months and some weekdays may be offered if availability is forthcoming.
The service will provide you with full training.
To be shortlisted for this position you must evidence in your personal statement how you meet the minimum criteria below:
- Excellent customer care skills and a passion for working with people
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create a positive connection with the public whilst remaining patient and diplomatic.
- Confidence in public speaking
- A high level of accuracy under pressure
- Robust IT & typing skills with some evidence of experience using systems and applications, such as Windows 10 devices.
- The ability to enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Working with colleagues and customers in a polite, respectful and sensitive manner
- Clear and comprehensible handwriting
- Professional and smart grooming/presentation
- A full UK driving licence or EEA member state equivalent is essential for this post as well as the use of a car
Work allocation varies considerably and can be three, five or seven hours per session on a given day. Work is allocated approximately 4-6 weeks in advance.Additional Information
This role is being advertised continuously and candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
For an informal discussion please contact:
- Avril Itani (Guildford) on 01483 518264 or by e-mail at email@example.com
- Susan Curran (Leatherhead) on 01372 832805 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diane Kennedy (Weybridge) on 01932 794124 or by email at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from a generous local government salary related pension as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.