We have a number of part-time Catering Assistant positions available in over 250 schools throughout the County. Many of our staff work around 10 hours per week but there are positions from 10 to 20 hours. These positions are primarily Monday to Friday over the lunchtime period. We also have bank vacancies available, where hours are offered on a flexible basis.
As a Catering Assistant, you will be paid an annual salary (FTE £19,233) equivalent to an hourly rate of £10.25 per hour. In addition to this there are many benefits including local government salary-related pension, discounted child-care vouchers and money off vouchers for shopping open to Surrey employees. For more information, please visit My Benefits.
We are very committed to developing talent and skills to ensure our team members are the very best they can be and can grow and flourish. If you want to be part of this great team with fantastic opportunity to showcase your passion and skill, please read on…
Twelve15 are looking for:
- First and foremost, a passion and skill for assisting in the preparation and serving of great food
- Good communication: teamwork and customer service
- Someone who is creative
- Flexibility: occasionally you may be asked to work in other local schools
Twelve15 can offer you:
- Full training and induction
- Teamworking skills
- Internal opportunities
- Our Superstar initiative recognises staff via nomination from their colleagues
- Get involved with mini projects and theme days Internal wellbeing champions and services available
- A regular internal e-newsletter showcasing the teams’ fantastic work and positive news
- Term time only hours that allow good work/life balance
Do our values resonate with you? Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? If so, we encourage you to apply.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
An Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity and the Children's Barred List check will be required for this role. This will be paid for by Twelve15. You need to be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
After clicking the Apply button below, you will be asked to indicate the area/s you are applying to work in and select the hours you are prepared to work. Your details will then be placed into a candidate pool and will be reviewed. You will be contacted as and when the vacancies arise in your preferred area.
Information you will need to complete your application:
- You'll be required to attach a CV, which should detail your working history from when you left school/college to date, and answer some application questions. Please also include information regarding any gaps in your employment history.
- Please include details of all experience and/or qualifications relevant to this role.
If you would like an informal chat regarding the roles and vacancies currently available, please phone 07779 451317.
If you experience any problems completing your application form, please contact My Helpdesk HR on 020 8541 9000 or email email@example.com.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from a generous local government salary related pension as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.