Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our Meals-on-Wheels service-users when you deliver a vital and welcome weekend hot meal to them in the Weybridge area? Would you like to be part of a dedicated and inspiring team working for and with their community? Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people and people with disabilities? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we would love to hear from you?
Working with energetic and dedicated teams at our Hersham and Weybridge Centres for the Community, you will be delivering hot meals to our Meals-on-Wheels service-users in the Weybridge area. However, there is more to your role than just ensuring meals are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner. You will play a vital and welcome role in supporting the wellbeing of our older and more vulnerable residents.
As Community Support Services we are committed to providing welcome support to our Elmbridge communities and, in particular, our older residents. We have continued to work during the pandemic, making the difference for our residents. In addition to the Meals-on-wheels service, we provide, for example
- Lunchtime meals and a programme of thriving social and wellbeing activities at our seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme via Elmbridge Dementia Services
- Specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
About the role
- You will be providing vital and welcome support at weekends to older people and people with disabilities by using your own vehicle to collect hot meals from our Hersham Centre for the Community, and then delivering them in the Weybridge area.
- You have a friendly and caring attitude, are confident in working alone as well as being a team player, who communicates effectively with older people and carers.
- You have a cool head, and can quickly recognize and act appropriately when someone needs help.
- You will have access to a vehicle insured for business purposes.
We encourage and welcome applications from Elmbridge residents, particularly those who live in or close to Weybridge.
If you would like to know more, please call Daniel Cooksley, Manager of our Weybridge Centre for the Community, on 01932 844391.
Closing date and time: Tuesday, 16 August 2022 at 9am.
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.