Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you help make them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people in the community? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you?
Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be helping to provide meals to our customers and supporting our Meals on Wheels service. However, there is more to your role than ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
As Community Support Services we are committed to providing welcome support to our Elmbridge communities and, in particular, our older residents. We have continued to work during the pandemic, making the difference for our residents. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support, for example
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Elmbridge Dementia Services
- Cobham Link
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of this service are our Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality, and its own community, but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- You will be working across all these centres on a monthly rota basis.
- The job will be truly varied and, as you might expect from the job title, you will be involved with numerous kitchen and catering tasks such as kitchen cleaning, dish washing, food preparation as well assisting in serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas across our Centres and to help ensure that they all provide the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value and importance of great customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Trudy on 01372 463476 or pop into one of our Centres for the Community to meet the team and to find out more.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 15 August 2022.
How to Apply
Please note that we do accept CVs. Our applications can take sometime to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.