Are you looking for a new and interesting role with a difference? One which delivers high profile and interesting work? If the answer is yes, we have the vacancy for you!
We are looking for a Policy and Communications Support Officer to provide vital support to our Policy and Communications Team in a role which:
- Is a great opportunity to learn and develop a variety of skills.
- Gives you the chance to work with a variety of people and professions, enhancing your own profile.
- Is vital in the successful delivery of two important areas of the Council’s work.
- Is perfect for someone who is enthusiastic and likes to manage their own workload.
- Ideal for someone who is comfortable using digital tools and channels.
About the role
Our Policy and Communications Team oversees key work and projects which really make a difference to our residents and businesses. The team plays a vital role in informing residents and businesses about the work of the council, as well as managing the Council’s reputation, so this is an important and interesting role.
The successful applicant will:
- Work on a broad range of tasks and with colleagues at all levels, including service plans which detail key objectives for services, how we measure our performance and manage risks.
- Work closely with officers across the Council to ensure actions and timescales are achieved.
- Create posts for social media and monitor and reply to social media queries.
- Keep our website and intranet up to date (training will be provided).
- Be responsible for the administration of complaints and freedom of information requests.
You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in working on high profile communications campaigns.
Given the nature of policy and communications work, this role is varied, interesting and very rewarding, with no two days the same.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have great organisational and communications skills, including good written skills and an eye for detail.
- Are comfortable working with colleagues across a range of professions and levels of seniority.
- Enjoy being creative and using creativity to find new and novel ways to share messages.
- Are used to working in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Are experienced using social media, other digital channels and Microsoft Office.
- Can work flexibly, with minimal supervision, often on a number of different tasks during busy periods.
Applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role as described in the role specification.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, please contact Giuseppina Valenza by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 01883 732704 for an informal discussion about the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!